California Paid Sick Leave
Effective July 1, 2015 all employers must begin providing the California paid sick leave benefit.
Payroll Specialties can handle all of your paid sick leave accruals, pay stub compliance and record keeping/tracking required by state and local jurisdictions.
- Accrual or Lump Sum Sick Pay
- Pay Stub Compliance
- Record Keeping and Tracking
- Download Payroll Specialties Paid Sick Leave Authorization Form or Complete Online
If you currently have a sick or PTO policy and are not sure if you comply with the new California Paid Sick Leave requirements, Payroll Specialties recommends you consult with an HR professional.
The Law: California Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014
California AB 1522: Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014: “An employee who, on or after July 1, 2015, works in California for 30 or more days within a year from the beginning of employment, is entitled to paid sick leave. Employees, including part-time and temporary employees, will earn at least one hour of paid leave for every 30 hours worked. Accrual begins on the first day of employment or July 1, 2015, whichever is later.”
For more information, compliance posters and notices please download the files below:
- CA healthy Workplaces/Healthy Families Act of 2014 Paid Sick Leave Poster
- DSLE Paid Sick Leave Poster
- “Notice to Employees” (English) | (Spanish)
- Department of Industrial Relations Paid Sick Leave FAQ web page
- Department of Industrial Relations Paid Sick Leave Presentation